One of my favorite meals of the day is breakfast. And what a better way to start the day than with this super easy recipe for a breakfast meal that is super yummy and a solid source of nutrients!
(prep time: 10 mins// cook time: 3-5 mins)
**I use all organic ingredients
1 slice of bread (I use Ezekiel 4:9 bread)
spoonful of chia seeds (optional)
Now lets cook:
- Toast the bread. (You can toast to whatever liking you please!)
- Turn the avocado half into slices. (I actually don’t do this, I’m lazy so I usually just squish it up in a bowl.)
- Take the toast and slather the avocado (or place depending on how you did the avocado) all over it!
- Sprinkle a spoon full of chia seeds on top of it. (optional)
- Poach the egg! (below is how I poach my egg. I cheat a little bit.)
- take a glass and line it with clear food wrap.
- spray oil on the wrap. (I use organic olive oil or avocado oil)
- crack an egg and put it down in the cup (feel free to add salt and pepper or any seasoning you desire.)
- gather the wrap and either tie it together or rubber band it. (it should look like a badminton birdy…)
- place egg in the wrap in boiling water for 3-5 mins. (it really depends how runny you want the yolk. The shorter you keep it in the water the runnier it will be.)
- take out after 3-5 mins with tongs or a spoon.
- unwrap carefully and voila!! You have a poached egg
- Place the poached egg on top of the avocado.
And just like that, you made yourself a rocking breakfast! Look at you!
This recipe is super easy and super tasty! Just a few notes:
- Not everyone like a poached egg, I totally get that! So feel free to hard boil or fry or scramble or whatever to make this the perfect meal for you!
- The way I poach eggs is a little odd, I am aware. I learned that method from a Buzzfeed video (I think) on Facebook, but it works for me! You may have other methods you prefer, go for it! You do you!
- Feel free to dress this up! Add tomatoes, add fruits, whatever makes it scream “you”!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I am not lying when I say this is my favorite go to breakfast meal, because it is!
Try it out, take a pic, post it, and use #etc