‘t DISCLAIMER: I do not eat and will never promote food or products I do not like.
I know what you are thinking, “a green smoothie?? YUCK!”. Well friend, I am here to tell you that this is one of my favorite things I make, and it is because it is so freaking yummy. So read it and weep (just kidding please don’t cry..)
I am not exaggerating when I say this is one my favorite things to consume. I love smoothie bowls because you can have them for breakfast, or brunch, or lunch, or for a mid day snack, or dinner, or a late-night snack, or for a post workout recharge! It always a good time for a smoothie bowl! And the best part, each one is decorated and created by you, for you! It is like being a Picasso of food. This recipe is super easy to make and I love it because it is super nutritious (and beautiful!)
Okay so you see it, you want? Perfect. Lets get started!
1/2 c of milk (you can use almond, coconut, hemp, or whatever honestly. I have never used actual dairy milk with this recipe, but don’t be scared to try it out! **I use homemade almond or hemp milk.)
1/4 avocado slice (I cut mine up and freeze it)
1 frozen banana (I would peel it and slice it before freezing it. Trust me, from my personal experience, it is not fun trying to scrape a frozen banana out of a frozen peel…)
2 generous handfuls of spinach (the more spinach, the brighter the green)
1-2 scoops of Vital Proteins Whey Collagen (or favorite plant based protein powder)
So we we got the goods? Great, lets create:
- I told you this was a really simple recipe. Throw everything into a blender and blend until all contents are ground up. THAT IS IT!!! so easy, right
- If you have a blender that isn’t super high powered, I would recommend putting things in one by one, starting with the milk. Your blender will thank you!
- Pour the smoothie from the blender into a bowl! (the purpose of freezing the banana and avocado is so that your smoothie will be thick! Thick smoothies mean that you can put toppings on them and you can eat it with a spoon! wow all sorts of blessings!
- The final step is to personalize your bowl! You can add any (and so much more) of the following ingredients:
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- berries (raspberries, blueberries, black berries, strawberries)
- nut butter (almond, peanut, sunflower)
- goggi berries
- nut clusters
- fruit (literally any kind)
The possibilities are endless with this! Which is why it is so much fun to make! Every single one you make will be different than the last. (just realizing that smoothie bowls are kinda like snowflakes…mind blown).
And just like with everything I post on here, there are so many ways to a smoothie bowl, in terms of what you blend up. I thought I would this simple one to just give you some where to start. There are also different color bowls you can do too!
So, get out there. Create it. Make it! You do you, and I will love you for that. Take a pic of yout smoothie and use #etc!! Enjoy loves.