This recipe is bananas. B. A. N. A. N. A. S.
But for real, this is a super simple, really delicious, and very nutritious sweet snack that is one of my go to’s always when I have a “sweet” craving. I present to you the Banana Whip.
This is basically blended up frozen bananas. Yep. That’s it! And it is wonderful.
Prep time: 3-4 mins.
So here is what you will need to make it:
- 1-3 ripe bananas (depending on how much you want)
- at least a 1/2c of your favorite nut milk (I use almond or hemp)
- Designer French Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
- toppings (you can literally use anything. I usually use peanut butter, flax seeds, and dark chocolate chips from the Fair Trade)
So you got the goods, here is what you do from there:
- Peel the bananas. Slice the bananas. Put on a plate and freeze for 4 hours. It is very very VERY important that you peel the banana first before freezing. It is near impossible to peel a frozen banana. Trust me.
- Okay, after the 4 hours are up, take the bananas out of the freezer and put in a blender. You can also add your favorite protein powder to make it more filling. Also, put a little of your favorite nut milk in the blender with the bananas. But just a little. The purpose of the milk is to help the frozen bananas blend up into an ice cream consistency. (Note: if you are privileged and have a food processor, unlike me, this may work better in the processor).
- Blend on high until contents are nice and creamy! Adding milk as needed to help the process along. (Note: if you add to much milk, it is going to turn real runny and be more like a smoothie. But the taste should still be good!)
- Once creamy, scoop out into a bowl and add your toppings.
And that is it! It is that easy! I usually add the protein powder if I want it as a more filling snack or even a post workout recovery treat! Bananas are one of my favorite fruits, so if you love bananas like me, you will love the heck out of this!
Let me know what you think! If you have any questions please head over to the Contact Page and shoot me an email!
Post your Banana Whip on social media and use #etc