So as I was making and posting recipes for you all to enjoy, I realized that a lot of you may not like bananas… Which is sad, but you do you! So for you banana haters out there, this one is for you! I present to you the banana-less Purple Smoothie bowl!
Now if you are looking at the title of this post and wondering about my choice of ingredients and wondering what the heck I am thinking, let me assure you that this recipe is BOMB. Don’t judge a smoothie based on its cover…
So this bowl is packed with all sorts of fruits and veggies, that will be a power punch of all the good nutrients and protein you could dream of. This is perfect for any meal or even a post workout recovery snack. And to not to mention, the color is GORGEOUS!
Prep Time: 10-15 mins.
Okay so if you are still reading, first congrats! You aren’t scared away yet. Second, here is what you will need:
- 1c of your favorite nut milk (I use hemp milk)
- 1 Sambazon acai packet unsweetened + protien
- 1/2c of frozen blueberries
- 1/2c of frozen raspberries
- 1/2c of frozen butternut squash
- 1/2 of an avocada
- 2-3 leaves of kale (ribs removed)
- scoop of Designer Whey Protein 100% natural probiotic protein powder (optional)
Like I said, lots of fruit and veggies! And you may be wondering why everything is frozen, and that is because I like a thick smoothie so it can hold all my toppings!
So you got all your goods ready? Great lets get at it:
- Put all your ingredients in a blender
- Blend on high till its nice and smooth and thick!
- Scoop out into a bowl and add your toppings! (the bowl pictured has blueberries, goji berries, Back2Nature chocolate coconut granola, Barney Almond Butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, and banana slices. But you do you! Get creative, especially if you don’t like bananas… sorry I had to sneak them in this bowl somehow…)
Now if you are anything like me and don’t have a high powered industrial blender, then blending the ingredients in segments may be easier for you and your blender. So just blending a few things at a time and adding things as the smoothie gets blended. If you are going to do it this way, blend up all your non-frozens first, then start adding the frozens!
You still may be wondering about the squash. It’s okay. Let me explain. The squash is simply in the recipe to make the smoothie thicker and colder. It will have no effect on the taste. I promise!
I seriously love this bowl so much and hope that you give it a try! Let me know what you think, or if you have questions, head to my Contacts Page and shoot me an email!
Make the Purple Smoothie Bowl and post it using #etc