Hi everyone!! This is my new updated matcha recipe that I use almost every morning! Included in this post is some info as to what matcha is and my updated recipe and how to!
So if you follow me on my Instagram, then you know I have been obsessing about my matcha lattes. Guys, they are the BOMB. No joke. But you are probably wondering what the heck it is. Here is some research:
So matcha is a green tea powder that is very unique to Japan. So unique that it can only be grown in Japan. Matcha is used for teas and also as an ingredient in some foods. Matcha is known for its several health benefits that include being nutrient rich, full of antioxidants, packed with fiber and chlorophyll. Matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid known to relax the mind. For this reason, matcha is also known as a mood enhancer. Buddhist monks drank matcha to assist in meditation, as matcha’s amino acids, combined with caffeine, offer a sustained calm alertness over time. Amino acids are also what gives matcha is distinctive taste. And it is sooooo yummy.
Okay, but what is the point? Here are the health benefits of matcha accroding to matchasource.com:
- It is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
So I have been drinking matcha regularly for about a month now and absolutely love it. I love it more than coffee, if I am being honest. The caffeine high that I get from coffee is good until I start crashing from it, where as with the matcha I never crash. Which is crazy!!
So below I am going to leave the recipe and directions for how to make a match latte, so you can make one yourself and try it out!
So you will need these things:
- 1tsp of ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1tbsp of coconut butter
- 1 tbsp of MCT Coconut Oil (optional)
- 1 drop of Young Living Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (optional)
- 1 -1 1/2c almost boiling water
- 1/2 tsp Sunpotion: Ashwaganda (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sunpotion: Reishi (optional)
- Sifter (optional)
And that is it! So from there this what I do:
- I go ahead and get the water boiling. Prime temperature for matcha tea is 170 degrees. If the water is hotter than that it will burn the matcha and your drink will taste gross. If you don’t have a thermometer handy when checking your water, I suggest bringing it up to boil and then letting it sit to cool for 2-3 mins.
- While the water is heating up, I put everything else in the blender, except the matcha. That will be the last thing I suggest putting in after the water.
- After the water is the desired temp, pour into the blender with the other goods. Then add the matcha! **matcha clumps together really easy and could be really gross texture wise. So to avoid that, I sift the matcha to remove any clumps and to make it really fine.
- After all the ingredients are in the blender, I let it blend on medium-low for 3 minutes.
- Then I pour it into a mug and enjoy!
It is that easy! And it is so good!!!
Let me know if you like it, and it you make it post it and use #etc